Imaging Center of Excellence
Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center (SWDIC) has been designated as an Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in all 6 Modalities.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- MRI: Body, Breast, Cardiac, Head, MRA, MSK, Spine
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Breast Ultrasound
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET-CT)
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities for the achievement of high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of the practice. Board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field conduct evaluations. They assess the qualifications of the personnel and the adequacy of the facility equipment. The surveyors report their findings to the ACR's Committee on Accreditation, which subsequently provides the practice with a comprehensive report.
ACR Accreditation ensures quality care. To learn more about the American College of Radiology, please visit: www.acr.org.
Accreditation Frequently Asked Questions
What should I know about radiation safety?
Before your imaging procedure be sure to ask your physician the following questions:
- Why is the test needed?
- How will having the test improve my care?
- Are there alternatives that do not use radiation and deliver similar results?
- Is the facility accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)?
- Are pediatric and adult tests delivered using the appropriate radiation doses?
Why should I have my imaging exam done at an accredited facility?
When you see the gold seals of accreditation prominently displayed in our imaging facility, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. Look for the ACR Gold Seals of Accreditation.
To achieve the ACR Gold Standard of Accreditation, our facility's personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance, and quality control procedures have gone through a rigorous review process and have met specific qualifications. It's important for patients to know that every aspect of the ACR accreditation process is overseen by board-certified, expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images, and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
What does the gold seal mean?
When you see the ACR gold seal, you can rest assured that your prescribed imaging test will be done at a facility that has met the highest level of imaging quality and radiation safety. The facility and its personnel have gone through a comprehensive review to earn accreditation status by the American College of Radiology (ACR), the largest and oldest imaging accrediting body in the U.S. and a professional organization of 34,000 physicians.
Notice to Patients
You have the right to submit comments regarding this facility's radiology imaging and treatment services. Submit your comments in writing and send to Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center or to the following address:
American College of Radiology
Attn: Accreditation Program Patient Comments
1892 Preston White Dr.
Reston, VA 20191-4326